Please sign in to post.

Istanbul Hotel recommendations

I've been to Istanbul 3 times already. We've always stayed in Sultanahmet. I would like to stay somewhere new. I would head over to Beyoglu, but this will be the first time my kids will be with me. So, I think that we should be closer to Sultanahmet. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Sirkeci? Or somewhere else between Sultanahmet and Beyoglu???

Posted by
11294 posts

I have no personal recommendation, but a friend of mine is about to stay at the Serkeci Konak, which comes highly recommended by the author of the Turkey Travel Planner website, and apparently gets good reviews elsewhere too. My friend will return from the trip in mid-April, so I can update this post with his reactions. If you want a hotel in Beyoglu, we had a lovely stay at the Peradays.

Posted by
11294 posts

Also, please delete your other, duplicate post on this topic, so that all the responses will be in one place.

Posted by
7049 posts

Hi Laura, I tried to PM but it didn't work (twice)... so here goes...It really depends how old your kids are and whether they would enjoy riding the tram and/or walking longer distances or being closer to some of the attractions by Beyoglu (Istanbul Modern Museum, Galata Tower, shopping along Istakal Cadessi, Ortakoy town and mosque along the Bosphorus, etc). Since the evenings were a bit "dead" in Sultanahmet for me and I kept going to Beyoglu and then backtracking every eve, I probably should have stayed in Beyoglu. I don't have a hotel recommendation but I found a lot of neat looking, although very modern hotels and apartments on sites like booking.com. Beyoglu felt a lot more European to me, compared to the very traditional neighborhood I stayed in on the other side of Galata Bridge. Sirkeci seems like a good compromise for you.

Posted by
1 posts

I would highly recommend Retaj Royale Istanbul which is located airport area and has free shuttle service to historical side of Istanbul CNR Expo Centre and Airport Check the web-site http://www.retaj-hotels.com/