Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

Hi, I am going to Rome in May and I was looking at hotels online. It seems like hotels in Rome are more expensive that other places. Do you have any good recommendations on hotels? I would expect the hotel to be very clean, safe and convenient. Thank you so much!!!

Posted by
1010 posts

Hello. My husband and I just visited Rome at the end of August for 6 days. We were very imprseed with our hotel. It was the River Palace Hotel. It included breakfast. The front lobby has two computers for you two use free of charge. You can walk to the Spanish Steps, the Fountain of Trevi, the Parthenon and the Victor Emanuel Monument from the hotel. All those sites are within walking distance. The hotel even arranged for us to have a taxi driver pick us up after we got our luggage at the airport and take us to the hotel. Then they also arranged for a taxi to take us back to the airport. I read good reviews on-line for the hotel. We were more than happy with our stay.

Posted by
23267 posts

In the Termini area our hotel of choice is Sonya because my wife thinks the lattes are better than any other. Have also used Aberdeen and Contilla. Contilla is our one night hotel when passing through Rome because it is one block from Termini and easy to get to. Marginal breakfast. Aberdeen is little further from Termini but very nice. As a side note, you are asking about Rome hotels in the To the East section. You might look at the postings in the the Italian section, To The Boot.