Please sign in to post.

hotels in Oia, Santorini

Rick (in his Greece book) has only recommended 4 spots to sleep in Oia. Two are closed for the winter and one is for larger groups. One is a hostel. Can someone recommend a reasonable hotel with great views and atmosphere? We are hoping to get good rates as we will be there in February.

Posted by
32325 posts

Patti, As Lee mentioned, things will likely be somewhat "quiet" on Santorini in February, and some of the tourist businesses will still be closed. Did you also consider Hotels in Fira? You might find it helpful to have a look at This Website for more information. Cheers!

Posted by
508 posts

Patti - We stayed at Old Oia Houses in September and really enjoyed our accomodations. If I remember correctly, they had year round rates on their website.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for these notes. They are very helpful. I know we are taking a risk going in February. I see it is raining four days this week there. However, it may be my only time to go to that part of the world...so we will make it a wonderful adventure. The scenery will still be "open". It is a place I have always wanted to go. Would anyone have recommendations for places to eat, drink and play?

Posted by
32325 posts

Patti, "where to eat, drink and play" The staff at your Hotel will provide the best answers to that, depending on which facilities are open at the time.