Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Istanbul

My friends and I will be traveling to Turkey with a Steves' tour. We would like
to find a hotel (inexpensive, clean and workable for the area). I saw that all the former replies were from 2011!!! Would you suggest staying where the tour will be??? or another one??? Where DOES the tour stay????

Posted by
320 posts

We were on a September 2012 tour. The tour group stayed at http://www.azadehotel.com/ which is a very nice hotel but pricey. They wanted $200 and offered no discounts . We arrived in Istanbul 2 days early and we stayed at http://www.grandpeninsulahotel.com/grand_peninsula/index.htm which was 70 Euros per night. You can actually see the Azade from there so no problems transferring for the tour.
We found the Grand Peninsula very clean, smallish rooms , very nice staff and great rooftop breakfast. Hope this helps. We loved Istanbul.

Posted by
8 posts

I came across the same cost issue. Booked a room at the Hippodrome Hotel at 100 euro. A block away from Hotel Azade. Photos on their web site look nice, will find out come June.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hi from Wisconsin, The Side Pension, while not a "hotel", has clean, compact rooms, with super clean showers/toilets, and breakfast on the rooftop with views of both the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya. Good price, great location. Good restaurants in the neighborhood. I hate to recommend it because additional customers will increase demand, raising prices and lowering availability for ME.
wayne iNWI

Posted by
1203 posts

Which Turkey tour are you going on, the week long Istanbul tour or the Turkey tour that just stays in Istanbul a few days? I am going on the week long Istanbul tour in Sep 2013 and the tour is staying at the Germir Palas Hotel. I am staying one nite before the tour and it is rather expensive, 130 Euro per nite but it does include the tax and breakfast. You can call the RS tour department and ask them if they know what hotel they are using in Istanbul, this way you can email the hotel and ask them what rate they will give you. You can stay at a different hotel before the tour and then move the day of the tour to the hotel RS tour is using. You can get a cab from one hotel to the other the day of the tour meets and check in before the tour. I have done that in Paris. I rather stay at the hotel is using, but if the price is not right, then stay somewhere else that is less money and move the day of the tour. Have a great time.