Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Istanbul

I'm traveling to Istanbull this September with my parents. Can anyone reccomend a good hotel in the old town. Need a triple room or possibly a suite? I'm 50 and my parents are in their early 70s. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
8293 posts

The Empress Zoe is great but if your parents have knee or hip problems, the narrow & steep staircase may cause difficulties. Have a look at Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi and the Almina Hotel, both in the Sultanhamet.

Posted by
2876 posts

Joe, maybe you're already familiar with tripadvisor.com, but if not, you might want to check it out. It offers first-hand travelers' reviews of hotels.

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Joe,

We spent 7 nights at the Hotel Sultan Hill in Istanbul and had a great experience--comfortable room, friendly, helpful staff and a good breakfast. It's in a great location near the Blue Mosque and many of the major sites. I see on their website that they have triple rooms.

Posted by
30 posts

I stayed at the Sultan Hill and had a great experience. Very, very helpful staff, great views from the roof top terrace, but stairs may be an small issue.

Posted by
39 posts

We stayed at the Rast. It is a bit upscale hotel which had a great breakfast on a rooftop restaurant with clear views at Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Bosphorus and Marmara Sea. Each room had all the modern conveniences, a small balcony, but the 5th floor rooms had huge balconies. We also stayed at the Raymond, which is down the hill from Hagia Sophia, towards Golden Horn. Great people, modern rooms, good breakfast - but it is not on the rooftop. We would stay at either of the two again. A friend we met there was staying at the Best Western Acropol in the backpackers area. Suppose to be very nice. The backpackers area is a fun place to be with a great street scene.

Posted by
2788 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Sultan Hill last week (June 5 thru 11) and it is a real find for location, price, breakfast, staff, etc. I stayed in a double room (one double bed)
(Room 201) on the main floor (no steps to climb) as they do not have an elevator.
I paid 68E after a 15% discount by mentioning that I found them in RS Instanbul Guide Book (which I did) and they asked to see it at check-in. I know they have triple room(s) but am not sure how high up they are. Anyone going to Istanbul should really check out this hotel. If I ever go back to Istanbul I will be staying there again.

Posted by
19 posts

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my post. This is great information and very helpful.

Posted by
239 posts

We stayed at Hotel Adamar (had a quad 2 adults 2 kids) very reasonable, incl breakfast...unbelievable restaurant and terrace views...360 around Istanbul (Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque felt like you could reach out and touch them!!), Bosphorus, Topkapi Palace. Wonderful service, comfortable beds and elevator.

Posted by
6514 posts

Next time, just as an FYI, it would be helpful to include your budget range. Hotels can vary widely in price.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Much appreciated. We decided on the Sari Konkak. Seems like a very nice Hotel is a most excellent area of the city. Joe