Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Istanbul

I will be in Istanbul in early July and am looking for a nice hotel with a rooftop terrace and view. I see a lot of people recommending the Sultan Hill hotel in Istanbul, but I don't think they have a rooftop terrace? Does anyone have any other recommendations? There are so many hotels, I am a little overwhelmed.

Posted by
338 posts

Assuming you want to be in Sultanahmet, I've stayed at the Empress Zoe and the Blue House Hotel. Both are nice and have roof terraces. The Empress Zoe has better atmosphere, but is right across the street from a mosque, so you will hear the calls to prayer.

Posted by
3258 posts

Hi Christy, We spent 7 nights at Hotel Sultan Hill and really liked the hotel, it's staff, and the location in Sultanahmet near the Blue Mosque. If you check their website (http://www.hotelsultanhill.com/Terrace.html) there is a tab for the "Terrace" with a photo. It might be new or expanded because we didn't see it when we were there a couple of years ago. It looks very nice. Their website has been updated with lots of good info. The hotels that Rob mentioned are also very popular and would be good choices as well.

Posted by
2788 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Sultan Hill in Istanbul last summer and they do have a roof-top sitting area with some tables and chairs. If you decide to book them, RS Istanbul Guide Book lists them (or did) and says if you mention that you found them in his guide book, they will give you a discount. We did and they asked to see our guide book when we checked in for 5 nites and got a nominal discount off their already reasonable prices. I will stay there again when/if I return to Istanbul.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all for your recommendations. I am looking into those options now.

Posted by
272 posts

I highly recommend the Sebnem Hotel in the Sultanahmet area. LOVED it and would definitely stay again. Friendly staff, great location, amazing rooftop terrace (with several laptops for free use up there), great breakfast...everything was great. If you want me to send you some pics, send me a pm with email address.

Posted by
3 posts

Hi Christy - That's actually where I ended up booking at the Sebnem. They were so nice and helpful, I am excited about my stay.

Posted by
272 posts

great. yeah..they were really helpful. i had a few changes from my original booking....dates changed then number in my group changed and i wanted a different size room....always super responsive to emails, very prompt and very friendly with a "no problem" attitude. same held true once we got there. we arrived on an overnight train from ankara and got there about 9am. we didn't expect a room to be ready but they suggested we go rest on the rooftop, gave us some food, i ended up napping for about an hour on a couch on the rooftop and our room was made available to us by 11.00. huseyin worked the front desk (he has since left though, as far as i know...we have kept in touch!!) and he was always recommending restaurants, helped with getting us transportation to U2 concert, and just offering general tips. the women who managed the breakfast were also accomodating and nothing was too much trouble for them. the rooftop terrace is to die for! if there weren't so much to see in istanbul, i coulda spent the entire trip lounging up there. ENJOY!!!!!!!!