Please sign in to post.

Greek Islands

Does anyone have hotel recomendations for Paros, Naxos and Santorini?? And or special resturants enjoyed at those islands. We will be there for 2 wks. Sept. NOt looking for the most expensive nor the very cheapest. But hopefully small and charming. Thank you very much. Joyce.

Posted by
3122 posts

If you take the time to figure out your room budget and then tell us what that might be per day in either dollars or euro you will get some appropriate suggestions.

Posted by
4 posts

Sorry, should have been more clear. One Hundred to one hundred & fifty dollars would be nice.

Right now am having trouble finding flights from nyc area to Athens....

Anything close to be direct is so expensive and the ones with one stop seem to have long layovers...

But, thank you so much. joyce.

Posted by
17 posts

We began on the island of Santorini and much preferred the quieter village of Oia to Fira. We had a small clean room and a balcony with an incredible caldera view at the Delfini Villas for a very reasonable rate. http://www.delfinihotel.net/rent-rooms-santorini.html Rena & Sima are very welcoming, friendly & helpful and there is a bakery just steps across the marble walkway to get warm pastries to enjoy on the balcony. We had very good meals at the Blue Sky and Scala Tavernas and delicious greek pizza at Pizza Edwin. On the island of Naxos we stayed at Pension Sofi where we were met at the ferry and warmly welcomed by Panos & his family with homemade wine and homegrown olives and cheese. Very economical, clean, quiet room - a short walk to the harbor or the beach. http://www.pensionsofi.gr We had good meals at Matimaximas (in the old port) and Irini's (harborfront) Tavernas. If you want to be on the beach on Naxos, the Hotel Glarus was reasonable and very nice. Both islands were beautiful. Happy travels!

Posted by
196 posts

Santorini is the most expensive destination on your itinerary, but I think I have a good suggestion if you don't mind staying near the beach in Kamari instead of the main town. www.astro-hotel.com
If you walk toward the beach and then hang a left at the boardwalk there is a line of fantastic resturants to choose from. In Naxos there is a fantastic Thai food resturant.... i know it's a little crazy but it is a must. I can't recommend the hotel I stayed at in Naxos.
Have a great trip.

Posted by
4 posts

Hi, thank you...is the Astro Hotel close to Oai? and do you have to walk down alot of steps to get to the town....

also, any wonderful dining experiences there?

thanks. Joyce.

Posted by
3122 posts

The Astro Hotel is in Kamari Beach, about 12 miles from Oia.

"do you have to walk down alot of steps to get to the town"....Some hotels in Kamari are up on the side of a hill but there are few, if any, steps. If the Astro is on that hill you'll be walking up and down a road.

Posted by
34 posts

Oasis Studios in Naxos, Mikri Viglia is my recommendation. Stayed there 4 days and loved it. You will need a rental car (they can arrange it for you) unless you just want to hang out on a nice beach the whole time ...

Posted by
875 posts

Re: Santorini
We stayed strictly in Oia because it seemed perfect for us given the location of our hotel.

We really enjoyed eating at Ambrosia & Nectar (not to be confused with the parent restaurant Ambrosia). Roka is also a good choice for good food and good prices. 1800 is very good, very lovely -- but not cheap!
Going down to Ammoudi Bay from Oia is great -- you can eat almost right on the water and you can watch the staff grill your personally chosen seafood. But you must be careful as it is charged so much per kilo -- a big fish will cost you a lot more than a smaller one.