Please sign in to post.

Greek Islands

A friend and I are spending 6 days in Rome for a business trip. Then flying to Athens on July 1st and leaving on July 5th. We wanted to see Santorini and Mykonos. The plan is to stay in Athens the first night, Santorini the next night, Mykonos the third night and last night in Athens to fly out the next day. I was wondering if this is feasible in such a short time or if we should just spend 2 days in Santorini. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by
3119 posts

You don't have time for 2 islands. Choose one or the other but go there directly upon arrival in Athens. Don't spent that first night in Athens. You'll have to fly to Santorini because there's no afternoon or evening ferry on the 1st. If flying isn't in your budget take the airport bus to the port of Rafina and catch the first ferry to Mykonos instead. Rafina is a lot closer to Mykonos than the port of Piraeus. I'd choose Santorini over Mykonos. There's a lot more to see and do there, the views are amazing and the nightlife is great. Aegean Airlines and Olymlpic Air fly to both islands. Greek Ferry Schedules: http://www.gtp.gr Saving Athens for the end of your time in Greece eliminates the stress and worry of trying to return to the mainland at the last minute to catch your flight home. Ferries can sometimes be cancelled in July due to high winds so you might need the extra time.