Please sign in to post.

greece

Does anyone know if there is a bus from the Athens airport to Nafplio

Posted by
3122 posts

Buses run to Nafplion from KTEL (long-distance) bus station in Athens. From Athens Airport you will take the Express bus line "X93" to the KTEL terminal on Kifissou (line runs 24hrs, with buses every 20-30 minutes). From Athens to Nafplion: There are several buses a day, from the KTEL Bus terminal at Leoforos Kifissou 100, tel. 210-5134588) - journey takes about 3 hours.

Posted by
3320 posts

Ron, from the KIfissou KTEL station, the bus to Nafplio runs hourly on the half hour... takes about 2.5 hours, costs 11.5€ as of last year. Go to the Argolid window to buy your ticket. Seats are numbered; try to get a seat on the LH side for the water view most of the way.

Posted by
1388 posts

Ron Another option would be to miss out Athens entirely and get the train direct from the airport to Corinth. They run every two hours at 5 minutes past the hour from 07.05 to 19.05. You can then pick up the Nafplio bus from Corinth. This is quicker than going into Athens and out again, assuming you haven't just missed a train when you arrive. The downside is that both the train and bus station in Corinth are outside the centre and you would need to get a taxi from one to the other. Nafplio is great. Have a good trip. Alan

Posted by
3320 posts

Alain, regretfully, I must [INVALID] a cautionary note about that train/bus combo from Athens to Nafplio. I've done it 2x and now will not. Why? Because you get off the train (after a fast, cool ride), get a taxi to the highway KTEL Bus station for Corinth, and await the bus coming from Athens. And what happens??? Bus is totally FULL... and you must wait at least 1 hour, sometimes more, for next bus. The problem is, of course, that one cannot book AHEAD to reserve a seat on that bus. It happened at different times of day, too ... #1 was a bus that left Athens at 1:30 pm, #2 a bus that left Athens at 4:30pm. And the 8:30 leaving athens is alway crowded .... so you see, you gain time, then lose. The Reverse is OK, in fact, wonderful, going from Athens to Piraeus especially. You get bus from Nafplio to Corinth; stops at hi-way station. You taxi (€6-7) to the SUBURBAN train (called Proastiakos), train to Piraeus leaves about every 30 minutes takes only 90 minutes total!. A/C, not crowded, lovely view.

Posted by
3320 posts

One big Typo mistake ... when I said the "reverse was wonderful" I was referring NOT to Athens ... but instead, going from NAFPLIO to Piraeus. Busses from Nafplio leave hourly on the hour for Corinth.