Please sign in to post.

eastern europe trip

My husband and I are meeting family in Tallinn for a week in Estonia. We are considering where else to go for the additional 10 days we plan to take before or after Estonia. We are flying from San Fransisco area. Norway, Sweden and Lithuania are being considered. Any ideas? Suggestions?
Norwegian Air flies direct to Oslo but I have read some bad reviews of the airlines.

Posted by
3046 posts

You are really not on the right board, since those are Northern Europe, and this is "eastern" (really central/southern) europe. Go to "to the north" and repost.

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi, For a trip of 17 days, I would consider adding Poland or Finland. If you choose Sweden, you'll have a ferry connection between Sweden and Poland.

Posted by
17916 posts

Actually Estonia is as much Eastern Europe as Poland. But all the labels are flawed. Every 4 to 6 months I have to find a new place to pair with Hungary and what I do is look for something special, an event or a holiday, where I change planes or in a neighboring country. Its been as western as fishing in the chalk streams southwest of Heathrow on the way to Budapest or as eastern as the Bulgaria Rose Festival on the way back to the states or as unique as Orthodox Christmas mass in Red Square. Dig around and find something memorable.

Posted by
2788 posts

We visited both Helsinki and Tallinn (two days was plenty in Tallinn) and then went thru the Scandinavian countries. When we got back home to Seattle, several folks asked us how we like St. Petersburg to which we had to reply: "We did not go there" and they all said that we really missed a great opportunity since we were so close. Well, it is now on our "bucket list" of places to visit.

Posted by
7049 posts

Poland will give you a great value for your money.