Please sign in to post.

dalmation coast

we would like to spend a week traveling from Dubrovnic to Split via islands in the last week in Sept., but can't seem to make it work given ferry schedules. Are we missing something? Alternatively, if we rented a car, would we be able to go from small towns along the coast to the islands?

Posted by
50 posts

Hi Joan! We are living in Split and I would be happy to try to shed some light on the ferries. What we have learned is that they reduce service after Sept 30 greatly. Also, the schedules mainly serve the locals who commute, but there are some great options on the fast catamarans and slower car ferries. Which islands are you trying to head to? As for the small towns, there are ferries schedules from Split down to Dubrovnik, but again, these vary greatly. We can get from Omis to Hvar or Brac as easily as from Split, but they mainly leave from the south early in the day and leave back down south from the north in the later afternoon. Why not just pick an island to explore or two? You can easily rent a car on the mainland and get it to the islands, I guess it depends on how much exploring you want to do, as I could easily spend a week on Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Soltana...... Feel free to ask any more questions and we will be happy to try to dig up info for you! Sorry if this was not much help. Stacy