Please sign in to post.

Croatia

I am planning a week in Croatia. Does anyone have a bed and breakfast to recommend in Pula, Plitvice Lake, Split, and the islands.
I am leaving in May
Any help will be most appreciated
I don't want to pay over 50.00 equevilant for a single person.

Posted by
12172 posts

Check out www.Fodors.com. There is a section called community. Click on Europe, then scroll through the list of discussions. There is a thread called a Scoop of Croatia, a handful of Bosnia and a Pinch of Montenegro.

The person describes where they stayed and ate including prices, etc. I think it will be helpful to you for your planning.

Posted by
1556 posts

Also check out the 'thorntree' on lonelyplanet.com. There are lots of threads on various travel topics. It is great if looking for budget info, accomodations, etc.

Posted by
2 posts

I'm planning a trip to Croatia too. I found this site for accomodations in Dubrovnik. It's the GREATEST!
www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com
I know you can search for other cities too. Korcula, Hvar, Split/Trogir.
Check it out.
Don
Snoqualmie (Seattle) WA

Posted by
171 posts

Thank You for the reply. I will be going to Dubrovnik too. I am still not sure if I will be in Dubrovnik first and make my way up to Pula or visa versa. When are you planning your trip? I will be in Croatia the first week of June???

Posted by
35 posts

Pula was worth a day trip but after staying for 7 days in Krk, Krk Island.....we were glad we only went there for a day. I'm not sure if the couple whose apt. we rented is there that early, but they are amazing. She speaks English and Croatian, he speaks Croatian and German and we loved them. Went for 3 days and never wanted to leave. 50E (I think) for 2 people in a 2 bed bath apt w/kitchen a 5 minute stroll from the Aegean Sea. From there we did many day trips--Baska, Pula, Kosljun and others I'd have to dig out my journal for...if you want more detailed info, contact me. We never rented a car, everything is within walking distance, easily, from their house. I would go back to Krk in a nanosecond. BTW--I live in Utah now but grew up in NH and LOVE Maine. Truly one of our country's gorgeous spots.

Posted by
171 posts

I did post but haven't had a reply.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a B&B in Split?
I will arrive by boat and want to stay one night if
it is worth seeing split?

Posted by
11 posts

Hi Virginia, I stayed in Split one night and it is magical!!!! email me directly and I can get you some info on where to stay. We did the entire Croatian coast in 2006......LOVED every minute. Kerri
worldtraveler100@hotmail.com
206-228-2442

Posted by
171 posts

I am in need of travel advice for my trip on 09/04/09. I will be traveling to Italy again this year. I am thinking of going from Boston to Madrid, Spain and after a week on to Italy. Would like to stay there from 09/05 thru 09/12/10/09. This would allow for 6 days. I would leave to fly to Italy on Saturday, 09/12/09. What to Do? I would arrive on Saturday in Madrid. I would like to go either South to Sevilla and the surrounding area or north to Barcelona and the surrounding area. I am not fond of new and modern structures (highrise). I am a want to be photographer and take pretty good pictures. I do like museums and beautiful floral gardens. Where should I go. Helpppppppp Please with advice??

Posted by
115 posts

Hotel Ana in Split is extremely confortable, great food, quiet ambience and one of Ricks best recommendations. Korcula we stayed at Rezi Depolo in Ricks recommendations, and was very pkeased with location (on Water) and her wonderful hospitality.. Plitivice we just spent the day and went on to Split.

Posted by
172 posts

I have details of our trip to Sloveina and Croaita including links posted in a spreadsheet at our blog at: http://gadtravel.blogspot.com/

For the P. Lakes, Split, and a few other places we did not have a reservaions, as Sobes were everywhere. My wife and I stayed at a great room in the center of Rovinj, (in some little old lady's 700 year old house), for 30E.

Posted by
171 posts

PLEASE HELP!!!

I WILL BE LEAVING FROM NICE ON 05/23/ OR 05/24/10
I NEED TO ARRIVE IN MUNICH TO START THE 2ND PART OF MY VACATION.
I HAVE LOOKED AT THE AIRLINES BUT THE PRICE OF A 1 WAY FAIR IS OVER 200.00 DOLLARS.
I HAVE TRIED LOW FAIR AIRLINES BUT CAN'T COME UP WITH A FLIGHT FROM NICE TO MUNICH.
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE TRAIN AS TO COST AND HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME?

Posted by
1556 posts

Virginia - not sure why you are posting your question under a thread titled Croatia. I suggest you open up a new discussion thread (probably under the Transportation header) if you hope to get responses.

Posted by
446 posts

at Plitvice we stayed at House Samardzic and loved it!
in Split we stayed at Split Inn Apartments, it was nice and very modern. both on booking.com.

in Dubrovnik we stayed at Rooms Vicelic. our room was nicer than our friends.
I am not usually one who travels without reservations but at both Plitvice and Dubrovnik there are tons of sobe. especially in may i would dare wing it there.