Please sign in to post.

Crete

I don't see any books or tours on Crete. We are palnning a trip and would apprecaite any advice. Wea re going to Hania. Does Rick have a book on Crete?

Posted by
473 posts

Rick does not have a book on Crete or Greece. We found Frommer's and Lonely Planet to be very helpful for all of Greece. Additionally, the AAA book on Crete was very helpful. We bought it at the Savvy Traveller here in downtown Chicago. Their store has closed, but their website is still going strong. http://thesavvytraveller.com/insights/series/AAA/europe.htm

Posted by
152 posts

We loved Crete and will go back there next June. We stayed at the Mirribello out of AG. Nick. It was wonderful. We ate locally and ventured out to the country in a different direction each day. We used the suggested board that is by Matt. It was a great help. We will be staying longer and going to Hania as well next time. The people were wonderful and very friendly.

Posted by
22 posts

I did 2 days of Crete on a 21 day visit to Greece. I love the harbor of Hania n all the small alleys choke full of restaurants.
We visited Heraklion the archeological dig which I found to be too commercialized.
But the highlight of my Crete visit is the Samarian Gorge hike down from the highest peak from the north to the lowest beach to the south.
That took the whole day and it was full of hikers. The vista is just unmatched.
Enjoy

Posted by
683 posts

No RS book about Crete alone but it is a chapter in ETBD book. Treats of Hania and talks of travel across island to gorge