Please sign in to post.

Corfu?

Looking at a cruise for next April stopping in Corfu. Any advice on what to do/see and/or need for a guide? Want to make the best use of our time. Thanks.

Posted by
536 posts

Jean - I am a guide and can tell you that you do not need one in Corfu. I was there in June for about the 25th time - Love the island. Walked along the port to The oldtown section, with all it's shops and Cafes - saw a couple of my old friends(merchants) and had a great time. Last year I rented a car and went up in the mountains for a beautiful trip BUT - My point is that you don't need a guide. Explore and enjoy - you can do this !!!!!!!!!

Greg

Posted by
53 posts

We rented a car and visited the Achillion Palace, a beach, and Paleokastritsa monastery at our own pace. We had barely enough time for a very quick stop in Corfu Town. I wish we had more time for the town, but the monastery was definitely the highlight of our Corfu visit.

Some friends on the same cruise hired a taxi to take them to Achillion Palace and a short tour around the island, and they were happy with their decision.

Posted by
2395 posts

Hi Jean
We are doing a greek isle cruise this october with norweigen. Plan to do a taxi tour with corfuprivatetaxitours.gr they do 3 4 5 hour tours. you can pick where you want to go or just let taxi driver show you "his island" it's 4 people and rate is from 150 to 180 euros per car. you can probably check another company that can do a minivan with more people. Keep looking on cruise critic and your ship's roll call and you may someone wishing to share costs. will report once i get back as to how tour went. you can also regiter at cruise critic and look at reviews of cruises they have there.
happy cruising
miss pupule

Posted by
127 posts

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. Normally I would have gone to cruisecritic.com by now, but strangely, have gotten no responses on the roll call board there. Hopefully we're not the ONLY passengers on this sailing! (Azamara Journey)