Please sign in to post.

Cesky Krumlov

I would like some opinions on Cesky Krumlov (CK). CK appears like a charming small town to visit. I will be traveling with 2 teen girls (age 15).

We ultimately are going from Prague to Budapest.

Is it better to return to Prague and do the overnight train (Prague to Budapest) versus burning daylight hours going from CK to Vienna (3 hour bus) and then Vienna to Budapest (3 hour train).

Thanks

Posted by
239 posts

We hired Mike's Chauffeur to drive us from Prague to Vienna with a stop in Cesky Krumlov...very reasonable and a wonderful way to see the countryside on the way. It is a charming little town. We spent two hours wandering around and got a quick snack.

Posted by
156 posts

We stayed at the excellent Pension Sebastian in CK last fall and he runs a shuttle to Vienna which cost less than the train and was much more convenient. Would highly recommend. CK is a lovely little town although one day and overnight was sufficient.

Posted by
635 posts

If you're going in the summer, be a hero to your girls and take them tubing in the river.

My wife and I loved Cesky Krumlov. We were only there about 3 hours and would have liked to have spent the night. It was one of the best sights on our trip.