Please sign in to post.

Cesky Krumlov

If I arrive from Prague at about noon, and stay in CK overnight, will I be able to see Cesky very well?
I have a friend who did CK in a day trip from Prague, and thought it was sufficient...??

Posted by
2876 posts

Yes, especially if you give yourself a few hours on your second day. The old town center of CK is very compact, and easily walkable end-to-end.

Posted by
4637 posts

It's better to stay overnight. More time and different views of the town and castle.

Posted by
1003 posts

Yes I think you will be able to see it sufficiently. On a trip here in July 2004 we stopped here after leaving Vienna enroute to Prague. We arrived about noon and went to the castle first. Cesky K. is very compact and just like a storybook! We loved the evening we spent here and had some wonderful food! The wood smell in the air from the restaurants was amazing! Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
177 posts

We arrived about 4 PM and had time to see the castle that day. We spent the night at a hotel on the square. The restaurants were crowded and we were not able to eat at the hotel restaurant. There were plenty of other places to eat though. Time to shop in the morning and walk around town before leaving for Prague.