Please sign in to post.

Budapest, worth a look?

Want to see Budapest, trying to convince others it is worth seeing.

Posted by
683 posts

Budapest is cool!
It is not to be missed if you are touring that part of Europe. There is much to see and do, from Elizabeth Island to Szchenyi baths to Statue Park and much more. It is a visually appealing city as well and if you are a picture-taker (we are not), it has vistas and locations that are the stuff of unforgettable photos

Posted by
2876 posts

Budapest is one of our favorite cities in Europe. Beautiful sights, great shopping, wonderful sidewalk cafes & restaurants, dinner cruises on the Danube, the Szechenyi baths - it's a terrific place. Go during the annual wine festival (early September) - it's a blast.

Posted by
417 posts

Absolutely! A quick search on this site will reveal dozens of Budapest lovers. The sights are fantastic, the city captivating, and the cuisine outstanding. I can not say enough good things about the city- and half our time there was spent in the rain!

Posted by
873 posts

Absolutely worth a visit, go go go! Fantastic architecture, a lot of interesting history to be learned (take a walking tour or two), and of course, delicious food and beer! I'd go back any day.

Posted by
809 posts

Spent 3 days there in 2008 and would love to return. In addition to all the wonderful sights, food, and beer, I had probably the best cup of hot chocolate in my life . Go, go, go!

Posted by
276 posts

If you can't convince the others, ditch 'em and go by yourself:) It's a great place with great people!

Posted by
3696 posts

Probably my favorite of all the large cities and relatively inexpensive compared to Paris, etc. Loved it and am going back this May. I am a photographer and you can show your friends some of my photos on my website at terrykathrynlawrence.com to entice them. I traveled to Romania and Budapest the same trip and it was wonderful... great food, lovely hotels, the river... it was truly a beautiful city and I can't wait to get back there.

Posted by
148 posts

Keep your fingers crossed, looks like its a go : )