Please sign in to post.

Budapest to Prague 24 May 2009 shared drive with Mike the Chauffeur?

We are going from Budapest to Prague early on the 24th of May to meet up with the RS Prague tour that afternoon. I am considering hiring Mike Chauffeur service for the drive- cost is about $500: less than the airfare for two and the possibility of seeing the Danube Bend on the way.

Has anyone made this trip? used Mike? want to share the ride with the two of us (up to four total passengers)?

Posted by
473 posts

We used Mike about 6 years ago, for a drive from Krakow to Prague. We thought he was great. Granted, this was 6 years ago and things change, but if I needed his services again, I would gladly contact him again.

Posted by
818 posts

Rick - we are using Mike's for that trip in June - Prague to Krakow ... do you recall how long it took? Did you stop on the way? what time of day did you travel?

Posted by
8 posts

Hello,
We used Mike last year to take us (3) from Budapest, Chesky Krumlov( we stayed overnight) ending in Prague. He was extremely helpful in planning things to see along the way. Was at our apartment in Budapest on time. Extremely flexible and all of us agreed we would highly recommend him and his company as well as use him again.

He has great knowledge of the area. Van very comfortable.
If you could stop in Chesky Krumlov on the way I do not think you would be disappointed unless your tour from Prague will take you there.

Fran-CA.

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks for your reply. We have booked him. Unfortunately we do not have time to make the Cesky Krumlov detour - but Mike kindly recommended lunch in Lednice on the direct route of Budapest/Prague

Posted by
473 posts

Sally, I THINK that it took a little over 4 hours, but it's been about 6 years, so my memory's getting fuzzy on details like that. We stopped for gas once. We also stopped in Ceske Budejovice for a few photos (our friend was with us and her father lived there for a while as a child). As to what time of day, the same fuzzy memory issue occurs. I THINK he picked us up around 11:00. I do remember that he was on time.