Please sign in to post.

Budapest to Krakow

We wish to travel from Budapest to Krakow. Has anyone used a car/minivan service called :centraleasteurope.com ? They offer door to door service. Also we have heard that although cheaper, the orange bus is not reliable. We also have been told that the train can be unsafe at times for foreigners. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you, Jerry

Posted by
276 posts

Hi Jerry, I've taken the night train round trip between Krakow and Budapest twice, and I didn't have any problems nor felt in any way unsafe - and I'm a smallish female who travels alone. Some say that the stories about robbery are true, but happened a long time ago; others say they are just urban legend. Either way, I really don't think there is any more danger on the Krakow-Budapest train than on any other. However, sleep is hard to come by as the train is noisy and makes frequent stops. Anyway, enjoy Krakow and Budapest. They are both gorgeous!

Posted by
2753 posts

The Orange Bus is reliable enough that if you have a ticket it will come, and you will get there. Without an overnight on a train, and for much less money. And in as little as 6 1/2 (schedule says 7 1/2, other passengers reported as little as 6 1/2) hours if there are no delays along the way.