Please sign in to post.

Budapest Hotels

Any recommended places to stay in Budapest or Districts to stay in?

Posted by
417 posts

Well, it really depends on your budget, taste, and sightseeing priorities. Generally, I like places near Andrassy or in Belvaros area. There are good transportation connections and lots of restaurants. Plus, most of the sights in Budapest are on the Pest side.

Give us some more information on your budget and we can give better info.

Posted by
72 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Carlton a year or so ago.

http://www.carltonhotel.hu/eng/hotel_budapest.htm

It is a moderately priced hotel (see prices on the website) and was about a 3 or 4 minute walk to the chain bridge. Also, uphill led directly to the castle hill.

I thought my room was very comfortable, the included breakfast was quite good, and the location was very convenient.

As the previous poster mentioned, I suppose it all depends on what you are looking for in terms of price, luxury, etc.

Posted by
15585 posts

I enjoyed the Mercure Museum Hotel. Good rates, friendly helpful staff, great breakfast too. It is walking distance (about 20 minutes) to the center, which is useful if you are out late since the trams and metro stop running well before midnight. Do not take a taxi, they will rip you off unmercifully. Even if you insist on the meter, they cheat on that too.

Posted by
951 posts

I had a lovely time on the Buda side at the Belluvue B&B. Judit and husband were such lovely hosts.

Posted by
2023 posts

We also enjoyed staying at the Bellevue B&B and it is very well priced. Had a little balconey that overlooked a wooded area below St Matthias Church. Owners are great and they serve a nice breakfast. It is on the Buda side with restaurants within walking distance and public transportation is excellent in Budapest. We loved this city!