Please sign in to post.

Athens

We will be spending a night in Athens before leaving on a Greek Isle cruise in September 2014. Any recommendations where to stay and what 1/2 day tour to take?

Posted by
3115 posts

You can use THIS website to find a hotel in your price category. The filter system is very helpful to eliminate those that are too expensive as well as for selecting the facilties/amenities and the location you prefer.

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks Lee. I have been looking on Kayak and found a hotel called the Art Gallery Hotel. It looks like it's in a good section of Athens. I will check out your recommendation.

Posted by
1383 posts

Lori The Art Gallery is a nice family run hotel, and you are right that it's in a good area. You can easily walk up to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum and it is 3 minutes away from the Syngrou Metro station. Between the hotel and the metro is a pleasant pedestrianised square with several cafes and two or three restaurants. Our favourite of these is the Ambrosia at the bottom of the square on the right. It's a standard Greek pistaria (grill house) but does good food at reasonable prices. Have fun! Alan

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you for your information Alan. I will be booking a room at the Art Gallery Hotel because of you favorable reply.
Lori