Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

I recently made reservations for Borghese Museum and Vatican Museum online. My credit card has been charged for the Borghese and I have a reservation number. I also have received appointment time regarding Vatican reservation but have been advised that further confirmation will come a month before actual appointment. Should I purchase Roma Pass for Colesseum and other sights? And how would I obtain free admission to Vatican and Borghese using Roma Pass even though my credit card has been charged for Borghese? Did I do something wrong in making my reservations? My appointed time for Vatican is 9:30 and Borghese is 17:30 on the same day. Should I even consider Roma Pass? I will be in Rome for 2 days.

Posted by
252 posts

I found that you have to have the intention of visiting many sights for the card to be a good idea. I think it did include metro use...so that was a big plus for me when trying to save time (although I do enjoying walking a lot sometimes it is necessary). I did not make an appointment for the Vatican and there was a long line when I showed up....but it was moving very fast. You will enjoy it very much I am sure!

Posted by
80 posts

Val, you should ask you question on To The Boot section, you will have a number of posts. The Roma pass would have been good for the Borghese and the Colesseum, plus travel in the city. It is not available for the Vatican, you need to purchase a seperate ticket. As for purchaseing it now, check the other sites listed on the Roma Pass web site, it may not be worth it. Ron in Rome will most likely see your post and give you a good response.
Good luck