Please sign in to post.

Itinerary assistance, please!

Hello! I hope that some of the experts here can help with this itinerary. I'm planning a 2 week trip for September, and would like to include Vienna, Salzburg, Prague, C. Krumlof, Budapest, and would love to end up in Munich the last day or 2 to catch a bit of Oktoberfest. I could really use some suggestions on whether this is doable without too much rushing, and what order would make the most sense.
Thanks!

Posted by
3 posts

Last year we landed in Munich and got hire car - we went Rottenburg, Fussen, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Graz, Pecs, Budapest, Gyor, Sopron, Vienna, Prague, Czesky Krumlof, Regensburg, Landshut, Munich. Took approx 3 weeks - so you should be able to do your itinerary in 2 weeks - C Krumlov is a must

Posted by
4637 posts

Logistically to avoid backtracking I would put it in this order: fly to Budapest then Vienna, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Salzburg, Munich. IMHO it is little rushed to do this in just 2 weeks. You will have only two days for each city or town. It is all doable by public transport (train or bus or combination).

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you, Elizabeth and Ilja!
If I were to cut out one of these destinations, which would you recommend saving for another time? I can possibly add on 2 more days as well, which would help. Thanks for replying!

Posted by
17854 posts

For my travel style I would drop two towns; but at least one. Whcih ones? The ones that interest you the least. Everyone is different.

Posted by
4637 posts

Personally I would drop Salzburg. If you never have been in any of these cities, google them, read about them, see the pictures and decide yourself because everybody is different. Some other people can recommend different city to be dropped.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you all for your replies and advice! I had a feeling I was trying to pack too much in to this trip. Now for some tough decisions!

Posted by
2324 posts

Have you booked plane tickets? If not, as others suggested fly open jaw to minimize backtracking. Also be sure to book your hotels in Munich as soon as you know the dates - you will have a very hard time finding lodging at the last minute (and possibly even now).