Please sign in to post.

Side Trips from Istanbul

What are some great side trips to take from Istanbul for a girl traveling by herself? Not going until 2009...I like to start research way ahead of my trip. :) Also, any suggestions on the best time of year to go when its still warm but the crowds aren't too horrible.

Posted by
1 posts

I ended up there by myself in June, it wasn't planned ahead but I found that Turkey is full of well organized tours. I took a couple day trips in Istanbul & stayed at Apricot Hotel.They are on the web. The staff have the best info. I also took a couple 2-3 day trips. I tried Argeus & Pacha Tours. Ephesus must not be missed. I also went to Cappadocia & I stayed a few days at cave hotel called Gamirasu cave Hotel. June is getting hot & crowded & I found myself with many school kids that were going on the end of the year outings. They were the friendliest & nicest people. Try April or May or the fall. I am not familiar with traveling by myself without speaking the language but had the best time & can't wait to go back. i am sure you will be inundated with more suggestions. Have fun Lyn