Please sign in to post.

Corfu, Greece

I'm planning to take a trip to Corfu and was wondering what people recommended to do and what area to stay in. It would be later this month (April) so won't be beach season yet. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Posted by
1 posts

Katie, hi I live in Corfu and think I can answer your enquiry! Easter in Greece is on April 15 this year, and it is only after that date that the island begins to get anything like busy. Tour operators from the UK and other European countries don't really get going untii early May so there is not that much to do until them unless you like walking and photography. The best place to stay during April is in the city if Corfu - historic, fascinating and beautiful, with some very good comfortable hotels right in the town. You can walk all over the town to explore it and sample its interesting restaurants and elegant cafes, visit the excellent museums, people-watch, and shop. Outside the town there are wonderful things to see - picturesque, ancient villages, gorgeous scenery. Best to hire a small car to get around - you wilkl find cheap deals easily - although buses go all over the island - they are not always very frequent and do not run late. The northeast coast is so beautiful, with a string of small coves and bays backed by mountains. The west coast has rugged spectacular scenery. But you must visit a village or two to appreciate the beauty of rural Corfu. The people are very friendly, you will be welcomed with open arms.
Contact me if you want more info.!