Please sign in to post.

What to do in Prague?

Hello! I am a college student studying abroad and will be visiting Prague next Tuesday-Thursday. I will be with 5 other friends and we are looking for a few other things to do besides see the John Lennon wall. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Posted by
2876 posts

Two somewhat-off-the-beaten-path places that we really enjoyed were the Lobkowicz Palace and the Alphonse Mucha Museum. Just google each one to see what they're all about. The Lobkowicz Palace in particular is a real hidden gem.

Posted by
32325 posts

elizabeth, If your travel budget will allow, I'd highly recommend the Prague Segway tours. I took one when I was in Prague last September, and enjoyed it so much that I immediately booked another one! I took the city tour in the afternoon and then the movie tour in the early evening. It sure beats walking up to Prague Castle! There's lots to see in the Castle area, including the Changing of the Guard ("on the hour" as I recall). I quite enjoyed the Golden Lane area and spent a couple of hours exploring all the small shops and different rooms. There's also the Old Royal Palace and Basilica of St. George. Of course, don't forget to try the excellent Beer and the local food specialities! Happy travels!

Posted by
1068 posts

Depends on what you like to do. For a great view, spot of beer and a few sights (like their library etc.) think about: The Strahov Monastic Brewery..... which is in the Castle District. If you enjoy religious buildings, the "Spanish Synagogue" was extremely beautiful with good exhibits inside..... and the beer hall across the street was great. I didn't go to the "Museum of Communism" but several people did and said it was good....maybe not your thing.