Please sign in to post.

medjugorje

I will be traveling to Medjugorje with a group, I will be the only non-catholic. Some the activities I will not be participating in so I want to go out on my own & need suggestions. Thank you Kathleen

Posted by
32325 posts

kathleen, That's most likely not a destination that many here have travelled to. You may want to check your local Library to see if you can find a copy of the Lonely Planet Guidebook for that area. Note that you can download a PDF copy of the Bosnia & Herzegovina chapter of the Western Balkans Guidebook for $4.95 You could also post this question on the Lonely Planet ThornTree Message Board, as I'm sure someone there will have some suggestions for you. Happy travels!

Posted by
80 posts

Hi Kathleen, We took a trip to Medjugorje a few years ago, and found a beautiful waterfall less than 30 minutes away. If you have access to a car, i think its worth a look. The name is Kravica Falls, you can also swim. Erich

Posted by
1035 posts

I have been there too. It is a fairly isolated location. There are some nice country walks you can make through vineyards, but it is really just a small country village. I am a pretty skeptical person who doesn't really buy into hype, but I saw some pretty hard to explain things there.

Posted by
35 posts

Kathleen,
Sorry about the delayed reply, but I'm just getting back to my own travel plans in that area later this year. Hopefully you're finding good help at the library, but let me offer a web site I stumbled across, with good info on many sites throughout several countries: http://www.Balkanology.com/