Please sign in to post.

Night train safety

Has anyone taken the night train with sleeper or couchette from Bratislava or Brno to Warsaw, Krakow, or Gdansk? Have you had any problems with robbery, theft, etc?

Posted by
5 posts

Hi Larry
We took the night train from Prague to Krakow in May of '10, and we got a private sleeper and felt totally safe. The door locked, there were bunk beds, a sink for washing up, and room to store our luggage. We had no problems with theft.

Posted by
1078 posts

Ditto...we took the night train from AMS to Poznan inMay '10 with no hassles. There were 2 porters for each car. Interestingly, when we were waiting for the train in AMS we met others going to Prague, Budapest, Vienna, and other destinations. Little did we know that the grand switch would take place in Berlin with each car going to the separate destinations. It was the most restful part of the journey; don't expect to sleep well on a night train.

Posted by
112 posts

We took the night train from Prague to Krakow in May. We had a private compartment with a locking door and a porter assigned to our car. No safety issues whatsoever. There is some speed changes and stopping along the route but it was very subtle. My husband slept like a baby. I had more trouble sleeping but then I always do, even in my own bed.