Please sign in to post.

Night Train from Prague to Krakow

I am looking for information on the night train from Prague to Krakow. We would like to squeeze an additional day into our tight schedule and could pick up almost an extra day by traveling overnight rather than during the day. We have taken a night train before from Paris to Frankfurt and thought it was very fun and we were also able to sleep rather comfortably. I would like to know if the Prague to Krakow night train in nice (clean) and whether it is difficult to sleep (hot, noisy, jarring starts and stops, etc.) If we decide to try it, we would want a two person sleeper compartment. Can we make our reservations a day or two ahead (buy our tickets in Prague) or must we book before leaving for Europe? We would appreciate any advice.

Posted by
4637 posts

For me it is more difficult to sleep on the train than in hotel but I am a light sleeper. Train is nice, in summer it could be hot but then you can open window but then it could be noisy. I think that stops and starts are normal just like other trains. Buy your ticket as soon as you get to Prague. I couldn't figure out how to book the sleeper from here. I don't know if it's even possible.

Posted by
55 posts

We did get overnight train tickets for a two person compartment. Used RailEurope. Cost is more expensive doing ahead from USA. Alot of posts said to do it a day or two ahead, but I was not certain so used RailEurope. Good Luck.