Please sign in to post.

Athens transportation

People I need some help. I would like to know what is the easiest and cheapest way to get to the airport from Airotel Parthenon Hotel (6 Makri Street) I am flying to Athens, stay over night to depart next day at 6am to Santorini. In my way back from Santorini , I am flying to Athens staying in the same hotel for 3 nights before I flight to Frankfurt. Total of 4 trips to or from the airport. I read a message in this website regarding a taxi charging about 45 Eur which is about 63 dollars x times 4 =$252.00 in taxi, ouch! As we know is could be a little more or little less.
Any suggestions.

Posted by
3120 posts

Easiest: Taxi to the airport for €35 (There's now a fixed day rate) . Cheapest: Walk to Syntagma Square, take the Airport Express Bus X95 to the airport for €5 Alternative: Red Line Acropoli Metro (3 blocks from hotel) to Syntagma Square, or walk or taxi to Syntagma Square, take the Blue Line Metro to the airport. This map will help you visualize the location. Zoom out one click to see Syntagma above and to the right: http://www.tinyurl.com/4fnyczj

Posted by
40 posts

Thank you so much. I can take a taxi the day I am departing at 6am, the rest of the days I can do one of the above. Is the public transportation safe or do I have to keep all my senses on my baggages at all times like in Italy?

Posted by
40 posts

OH my God Lee, are you sure those are three blocks...............it looks far

Posted by
3120 posts

It's safe, but it's also smart to use common sense and keep a sharp eye out for distractions so your pocket isn't picked. It's about 1/4 mile walk from the Akropoli Metro Station to that hotel.