Please sign in to post.

Laundry

We are going to Nafplio, Santorini, Karmadyli, and Hydra in April this year. In all of Rick Steves books he talks about laundry mats in most towns but he does not mention one laundry mat that I recall in any of these towns. How is the laundry situation?

Posted by
32213 posts

Diana, I'd suggest asking the Staff at your Hotel, as they usually have a good idea where the laundry facilities are in town. When I was in Greece last year, I stayed at Pension Marianna in Nafplio and Hotel Esperides in Kardamyli. In both cases, the only laundry that seemed to be available was a "service wash". I left laundry at the front desk and it was returned the next day washed and neatly folded. I was also in Santorini and Hydra, but didn't require laundry at the time so didn't need to find any Laundromats. Happy travels!

Posted by
3122 posts

There is no self-service laundromat on Santorini, but it shouldn't be too difficult to locate a drop-off laundry service. There's one in Fira on the low road below the town square. Go down and turn to the left at the market, walk about a block and it's on the left. Sometimes your hotel will offer this service or they can at least tell you where to go. It won't be cheap.

Posted by
55 posts

Thank You that is helpful information. I am staying at Hotel Marianna in Nafplio. Diana

Posted by
4407 posts

I am extremely envious after looking at the photos on the website!!! The website says to email them with any questions...I think they listed every service EXCEPT laundry services LOL! Worst case, take your stuff to the beach ;-)

Posted by
3320 posts

Diana, you should not have to do laundry more than 1 x per week if you rinse out a few items yourself every other nite or so. Perhaps convince your husband he can wear a shirt 2 times; we Americans get too used to constantly washing things that aren't really dirty. Socks, yes. Shirts, hang 'em up. The Santorini place in Fira is an OK drop-off I've used it & you can emphasize COLD water wash. In Nafplio you'll just have to give it to your landlady; one day there I lay on the beach while my travel companion wasted a sunny afternoon trudging waaaay into New Town to find a laundromat; not worth it. The other 2 places you'll probably have the hotelier give it to its "laundry service" (which is sometimes a little old lady in a black dress with a laundry line on her patio).