Please sign in to post.

Flight from Santorini to Athens

I have a trip this coming June to Greece. I have been closely monitoring the price of the flights from Santorini to Athens (specifically, on June 6th). I prefer to fly Olympic because I am looking to leave the island around 4 pm. Aegean has a much cheaper flight, but doesn't leave until almost 8 pm. I've been monitoring the Olympic air prices for several months now and the prices keep bouncing up and down. My question is, is there any chance Olympic will offer their discount seats on this flight between now and the date of my trip?

Posted by
811 posts

aegean's flights in the moring and evenings are cheaper but during the day are more expensive. i think you can always count on these 2 ends for cheaper deals. i don't think olympic will match at 4pm, and the macro economy is improving so more people will head over this year than last year.

Posted by
3143 posts

Departure time has very little to do with ticket prices. Each flight has "x" amount of seats priced at the lowest (saver) fares. These are the ones that disappear the fastest, obviously, so what you see now is what's left for a particular flight. Periodically, and with no fanfare, more saver fares are added. It's the luck of the draw who gets them. The only way is to be patient and keep checking the Olympic and Aegean websites at least once or twice each day and be prepared to book as soon as you see them offered. This is how I found a mid-day Aegean saver fare from Santorini to Athens for June 1, less than 2 weeks ago, after not seeing any for that flight for several weeks. I took a chance and it paid off. But keep in mind that the closer to your travel date you get the less likely it is that you'll find a cheap fare.

Posted by
594 posts

Thank you Lee. That's good news to me. My fault for waiting too long to book that flight. When I first saw them I saw the mid priced option that was much cheaper than what is offered now. But I decided to wait hoping that the super saver fare would open up but it never did. And I check the prices very frequently. So now the question is how long can I wait to see if the price drops on the olympic flight? When do you think that afternoon flight will completely book up?

Posted by
3143 posts

Gabriel, I just received a notice from Olympic. They have released some saver fares for some flights between April 1-June 30, so hopefully you can take advantage. Go to their website and make a trial booking to see if anything comes up on your travel date. Some dates are excluded. Good Luck!

Posted by
594 posts

Lee, yes I received a travel alert for the 8 am flight. It was about 20 euro but that was the 8 am flight. Also that fare was gone in less than an hour. I also saw the Aegean flight at 740 pm for about 50 euro total. Unfortunately, my travel companions voted to leave on the 4 pm flight on Olympic, which was not on sale. We decided to buy it today for fear that seats would run out. Sad isn't it? Lol