Please sign in to post.

2 Weeks

Looking for suggestions for 2 weeks of fairly intense travel. Anywhere from Greece to St. Pete and everywhere in between. I'd like to mix big and small cities and beach and mountain scenery. Thanks! Also, the time of year is next summer.

Posted by
12172 posts

I tend to travel north in the summer and work south as I get into colder months. I prefer cool to warm temperatures and try to avoid extreme heat or cold whenever possible.....The Baltics are great in the Summer. You could do an Eastern swing including St. Pete, Tallinn, Riga, Gdansk (plus Krakow and/or Warsaw). With a ferry or two to Sweden or Finnland, and stops in smaller towns, I think that would fill up two weeks nicely.

Posted by
331 posts

If you can fit a visit to Turkey into your itinery I think you would enjoy it. Ephesus is well worth a visit, one of the most extensive and exciting Roman sites I have seen, and the Turks are so welcoming, although they are usually trying to sell you a carpet. Turkey is an interesting mixture of what happens when east meets west, a taste of the east without the travel. And English is spoken widely. Bodrum is a nice small town with beaches and has some wonderful restaurants on the waterfront overlooking the castle, a remnant of the crusades (the castle, not the restaurants)

Posted by
417 posts

Two weeks sounds like a lot, but in reality is not a whole lot of time to do many places. You say "Anywhere from Greece to St. Pete" so I'll assume you want to do Eastern Europe. I would recommend Turkey, like was already suggested. 14 days would give you enough time to to Istanbul, Ankara, Capadocia, Ephesus, and then move onto Greece, do an island, maybe Samos, Santorini, or Naxos, and end in Athens for a day or so before heading home.