Please sign in to post.

# of days - Berlin/Vienna/Prague/Krakow/Budapest

I am trying to plan a trip to several cities, I am using a free ff ticket to travel and the airlines have changed their schedules so many times, I have had to keep reorganizing things. I am so frustrated, I have just spoken to the airline again and my schedule has been changed again and now some of my flights do not connect, In short, I have to cut some days out of some places. I am not on an open jaw ticket, so please do not tell me oh, from ? to ? you can take the train. I have flights between various cities as part of my free ticket. As a bare minimum how long should a first time visitor spend in each of these cities, I had worked out my itinerary but now I need to make some changes due to the flight schedules being changed, this is the best itinerary I can come up with based on the new flight schedule:-

Berlin - 2 and a half days.
Vienna - 3 days (one day trip to Melk planned)
Budapest - 3 days (is this too long)
Krakow - 2 days (will go to the salt mines for half a day) Prague - 2 days

This is not what I had planned orginally, I was going to spend longer in Berlin and Vienna, but now I can't any advice will be appreciated, I need to call the airline back to redo my free ticket asap.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
4637 posts

IMHO all these cities need at least three days. OK, Krakow is the smallest, so maybe two but with side trips I would go for three.