Please sign in to post.

Turkish Airlines

We are considering taking Turkish Airlines from the States to Istanbul. I have seen "mixed" reviews on other sites. Has anyone flown on this airline this year from the States? If so, how would you rate it? Thanks

Posted by
990 posts

My experience with Turkish Airlines is limited--I have only flown their transAtalantic flights twice, both from JFK. My impressions are that they are an average airline overall. The food is better than average, seats are what you would expect, and inflight entertainment systems have less variety than some (like Lufthansa, for example.) One flight left ontime and arrived a bit early, the other left late after boarding and arrived a little late. (hard to say whether that was TA's fault or JFK, though.) Flight attendants seemed professional but a bit harried. Overall, I think they are comparable to other European carriers, a notch above most American carriers, and a notch below most Asian carriers.

Posted by
156 posts

Have flown several times with Turkish Airlines but only within Europe. No better or worse than any other airline and have alrady booked another flight with them for next summer.

Posted by
12040 posts

I recently flew on this airline, but not from the states. Concur with the others, above average food (actually, the best coach airline food I have ever eaten), everything else was about the same as any other airline.

Posted by
15585 posts

Good friends flew to Toronto on Turkish last month and they thought it was as good or better than their previous experiences (including Air Canada and Luftansa).