Please sign in to post.

istanbul hotels

We'll be in Istanbul for four-five days next September and need help with a hotel. Some names I'm thinking of are: Ottoman Hotel Imperial, Saro Konak, Sirkecik Konak, Desaadat and Swissotel. Has anyone stayed in any of these? What is your feedback?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Posted by
536 posts

Joan - There are so many Hotels in Istanbul - I like to be centrally located so we have stayed at The Anemon Galata Boutique Hotel, very close to the Galata Bridge - Great views, and easy walking to The grand Bazaar and Spice Market.

Have Fun on your trip, Istanbul is a very exciting city!!!
Greg

Posted by
30 posts

Sultan Hill Hotel (right next to the Blue Mosque) was great. Stayed there for several days and the front desk people were awesome.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you both for your feedback. I'll check into those hotels.

Posted by
3250 posts

I third the recommendation for Hotel Sultan Hill. Perfect location and great staff!

Posted by
3 posts

We always stay at the Uyan Hotel. The rooftop deck has views of the Bosphorus, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. They will pick you up at the airport for free. This last trip it meant waiting until 0200 for our delayed flight. Its modest but the breakfast is really good, my Turkish husband is crazy about the staff. We were there this past Sept for Ramazan/Ramadan. There was a great market/festival every night on the side of the Blue Mosque for the iftar meal. It was really great, eating outside under the trees. If you are in Istanbul in the beginning of Sept 2010 you will make Ramadan.-Julie

Posted by
354 posts

I just returned from a short stay in Istanbul. Thanks to this helpline, I booked the Sultan Hill Hotel and wasn't disappointed, so I'd recommend it too! It's in a beautifully restored old Ottoman building, room was simple but comfy (though room and bathroom on the small side) and helpful, professional staff. The room rate is very reasonable and includes a small breakfast buffet. Location is great, just behind the Blue Mosque, and a short walk from the tram which can take you to the new town, Grand Bazaar and other places of interest. I recommend going to Turkey with a strong dose of good nature and wry humour as the touting, occasionally arbitrary prices, and uninvited approaches by strange men can be unsettling for some.