Please sign in to post.

Paris to Prague

Would anyone be able to tell me what might be the best way to get from Paris to Prague, air, train or car?
Thanks Kindly!! Joanne

Posted by
286 posts

I vote air... you could probably score a cheap flight and save lots of time.

Posted by
4555 posts

I echo Jenufa´s suggestion. If you can book far enough in advance, flying will be the cheapest way to go, in terms of time and price. See whichbudget.com and flylc.com for discount airlines that may make this run. Orly and CDG would both be good departure airports, but avoid Paris ¨Beauvais,¨ which is tough to get to. Also be aware of check-in deadlines and luggage requirements,

Posted by
1358 posts

Read the other parts of Graffiti Wall dealing with air travel and also the archives in this section. This subject has been dealt with many times over the past few years.

Some travelers caution about discount airlines flying to and from air terminals a great distance from the city center.

Posted by
258 posts

If you need to get there quickly I would fly. Like a previous poster said, make sure you look at the locations of the airports in relation to the cities before booking. If you have a couple days to stop at a place or two in between I would take the train. A train from Paris to Prague would definately be a long haul without any stops. Perhaps consider taking a night train?

Posted by
290 posts

Two yrs ago I flew from Paris to Prague on Smartwings. It was a great value. Best way to find a flight is to use Sky Scanner. You can find it on Rick Steve's Favorite Links.

Posted by
31 posts

I would recommend flying also. Try Easy Jet. It's easy to book a flight, cheaper than anything else I found and it gets the job done.