Please sign in to post.

camcorder

Planning a trip with my husband to London, Poland, Germany, Austria and Czech. We are thinking about bringing a camcorder. Does anyone have experience good or bad in "lugging around" a camcorder in Europe? I was in Poland 10 years ago and wished I had some video from then, thus the thought to bring one this time.

Posted by
4637 posts

I took my camcorder to Europe several times. Just in case I always brought cassettes with me so I wouldn't have to look for them there. My charger can charge from 110 V and 220 V so I didn't need voltage adapter, just adapter for plug in in Europe. Britain has different plug in than the rest of Europe. Otherwise I think having camcorder while traveling in Europe is the same like having it with you while on trip in this country.

Posted by
1158 posts

I have a Canon digital camera that taked movies.I would not carry a camcord with me. Too heavy and bulky.

Posted by
216 posts

I disagree:
Camcorders these days are so compact I always carry one along - mine slips right into a pants pocket, even with the 2-hour battery attached. Stills from my camcorder are poor quality (1 MP) so I would never consider that an alternative to a digital camera. Having access to both is important, because there are some sights/events that really call for one or the other. My AC adapter is all I need for recharging (and the spare battery is always charged up, just in case).

Posted by
1166 posts

If you even think that you would like movies, take it! Is yours a new small one?? Every time we go to Europe, I take ours. I'm in charge of video and my husband does the digital pics. Even if you don't want to tape one day, you can easily carry it in your backpack/daypack if you hate to keep it at your lodging.