Please sign in to post.

Prague to Vienna

I have 14-16 days... arriving in Prague and going home from Vienna. I am thinking about Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg to Vienna. Any suggestions?

Posted by
1556 posts

Can you add some more specifics as to what type of suggestions you are looking for. Routing? Accomodation? transport? sites?

You will not get much of a response unless you put in some effort to describe what you are looking for.

Posted by
177 posts

We drove from Vienna to Prague via Cesky Krumlov and had a blast. Stopped in villages along way for breaks etc.

Posted by
35 posts

No way-take the bus to CK then a mini-bus to Linz and pick up the train there. Way faster and cheaper. Hostel 99 has a mini van for cheap and when we used it July 2009, the world-traveling owner drove and we had a great discussion about life, culture and politics. Sadly, he knew more about US Polictics than most Americans.

Posted by
15 posts

To be more specific......I am planning on 4 nights in Prague, then 2 nights in Cesky Krumlov and then a van to Salzburg. I think it will be more econonical to stay outside of Salzburg and take side trips from there and then to Hallstat and then to Vienna for 5 nights. Nothing is confirmed. I'm traveling alone and would prefer to spend no more than %50 or $60 per night. If any one has hotel suggestions or an alternate route from C.Z. or favorite places to go...I would appreciate it. Thanks