Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Budapest

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to where to stay in Budapest. I am hoping for a B&B.

Posted by
552 posts

Has anyone stayed with Maria & Istavan (Sp?)?

Shared bath for only two rooms. I'm trying to talk my wife into it.

Posted by
448 posts

We stayed at the ZARA...www.boutiquehotelzara.com...last september...Great location...a minute or two to walk to the Market...and just across the bridge from the (whoops, don't have guide book handy for spelling..) the Gelbert Baths across the Danube....Not a B&B, but yes, great breakfast buffet, multi lingual staff, etc

Posted by
655 posts

We were very happy with the K&K Opera Hotel. It is right by the opera, a metro stop (the line that goes to the baths), and some good restaurants. All in all, a nice area in the center of town. They serve an excellent breakfast and have non-smoking rooms.

www.kkhotels.com

Posted by
27 posts

We stayed at the AstoriaRooms (www.astoriarooms.blogspot.com) in 2007 December. It was good as we were on a low budget but and they offered from cheap private rooms up to nice apartments with or without private bathroom, so we could choose what we wanted. We choose a double bedroom. We were shocked how big room we got for our money and it was really central, right next to the square with the Christmas Market, the apartment was just after renovation. The guys, who run the place were really helpful, we could ask for help 24H if needed via sms from them We got lost one day and they sent us the right directions. Also they helped us to buy tickets for the Opera and booked us tables at restaurants. I mean even at some big hotels you don't get such services, so we were really amazed by the Hungarian hospitality. We have very good memories from that trip! They do not provide breakfast, but there's a fully equipped kitchen to the rooms/flats so you can shop food and prepare your breakfast.

Posted by
26 posts

When are you going? We will be in Budapest on the 15th of April through the 21st and we have rented a fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment on the pest side of the river. It appears to be everything we could want plus it has a washer, dryer & internet access. If you can wait, i'll be more than happy to offer a recommendation when we return. (btw - when we booked it was only 80 Euros a day!)

Posted by
16 posts

I look forward to your post. We are looking into the same thing for July. Please keep me informed.

Posted by
1547 posts

We stayed at the Marriott in a room overlooking the river. You get a great view at night time with the Chain bridge and the castle lit up. It is also a very nice location to be in. This was about 5 yrs ago.

I'm not sure how expensive this is now, but this hotel commonly shows up on priceline if you want to try getting it cheaply (see biddingfortravel.com)

Posted by
27 posts

I also forgot to mention that Astoria Rooms's /I wrote about it above/ big plus was that we got 2 bikes to use free during our stay, which we enjoyed a lot, as we could get around really fast.

Posted by
26 posts

We just got back yesterday and I have to say the apartment in Budapest was a great value and very comfortable. We stayed 6 nights and it was in the middle of our trip so we were able to get some laundry done in the apartment and call home on the free VOIP phone. The building is about 100 years old and doesn't show that well from the street but is in keeping with the very old neighborhood on the Pest side of the river. We had a 1 bedroom 1 bath loft that had everything we needed and was within waling distance to St Stephen's the Parliament and many other sites on the Pest Side. Parking is a huge issue anywhere in Budapest but there is an Avis car rental within a few hundred feet of the apartment and it made sense to do daily rentals and avoid high parking fees. We plan on staying here again when we return in a couple years so we loved it - here is a link if your interested http://bvr.hu/

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You have really put my mind at ease. I'll let you know how our trip goes.

Christine

Posted by
7 posts

Just returned from a trip and stayed in a great apartment. Here's the url.
http://www.budapestcitycenter.com/Budapest/Welcome.html

Looked pretty much as it does in the photos. Clean, lovely, very high ceilings, tall windows and in a great location. Easy walk to the Danube, to the Metro station and a great area to walk. Beautiful part of Pest. And much cheaper than staying in a hotel.

Posted by
7 posts

Forgot one thing: you will have to pay cash on arrival in euros. We booked the place too late to order euros from our bank and had to pay a higher fee at one of those airport exchange places, but it was still worth it. Still cheaper and much, much nicer than a hotel. I like having the space of an apartment and a kitchen for breakfast is really nice.

Posted by
16 posts

Hey,
Thanks guys for the info on the Astoria Rooms, we rented a big double for a few nights and it was just as good as you wrote, we had the bikes and so we could get around pretty easy. The information from the hosts were very useful and they took us to the airport at 4am when we were heading home, which was very convenient :)...