Please sign in to post.

Money Exchange

I will traveling from the US to Krakow in May and wonder what is the best way to obtain Euros. ATM, Banks, ?? Thanks

Posted by
2876 posts

And the best place to get zloty's is at an ATM in Krakow, which you'll have no trouble finding.

Posted by
56 posts

Thanks - I realize that Poland does not use the Euro but I pasted a similar question regarding France and changed the destination but not the currency!!

Posted by
1189 posts

Hi,
Just trivia. Zloty = gold. I think in Czech the word is spelled Zlaty.
wayne iNWI

Posted by
8423 posts

Of course they have ATMs all over, but Poland is one country where you can exchange currency at " kantors" - and get a decent exchange rate. Kantors are all over the place, although best rates are in less touristed streets. However, there is one company known for posting misleading rates (for large quantity transactions) and you have to beware. Rates were uniformly bad at airport and train station kantors

Is there advantage to using kantors over bancomats? If you have Euros or other currency, it is quick way to get rid of them or to change a small amount of money. I used both during recent trip and did not see significant difference in rates I was charged.