Please sign in to post.

israel

I will be going for one week pilgrimage to Israel the first week of February. What type weather will I encounter? Any packing tips?

Posted by
32508 posts

Which part of Israel will you be in? I am well aware that one visit's experience is no way to find an average. My personal experience in February, in the north around Haifa, was that it was never cold, never cool, always short sleeves or very thin long sleeves, and one or two days reasonably hot. We didn't note any evenings where it was dramatically colder. Our flight from London arrived at Ben Gurion airport at about 3:30 or 4 am. I remember how overwhelmed I was when I went outside and hung around for a couple of hours waiting for the first bus, and the sky was an indescribably beautiful clear shade of purple blue. Viewing it just as the sky lightened through the fronds of the palm trees was completely overwhelming. It was a fabulous way to start our pilgrimage.

Posted by
15560 posts

February is one of the most unpredictable months. Layers are the best way to go and be prepared for some rain,though you may not see a drop. When it's rainy in Jerusalem, the pavements can be quite slippery, especially in the Old City, so you need shoes with good traction. The coast (Tel Aviv, Haifa), the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea are usually fairly warm, especially from late morning until around sunset. In any given week, you should have several sunny days and even a sunny hour or more on a rainy day. It's not unusual - though perhaps not too likely - to get a week of full sunshine and temps in the upper 70's or even low 80's.