Please sign in to post.

Travel in Sicily

We will be traveling to Italy landing in Rome. My parents will be with us. My father's family is from Sciacca so we would like to spend a few days in Sicily mainly to visit Sciacca. First what is the best way to get to Sicily and then what is the best way to get around Sicily and most important how to get to Sciacca. Any and all suggestions would be helpful.

Posted by
1823 posts

You might get more information if you posted on "To the Boot." However, I looked at a map and I would suggest you fly Rome to Palermo and rent a car at the airport and drive to Sciacca. I have never driven in Sicily, but it looks like there is a major highway that heads south from the airport almost to the coast (you don't go in to Palermo); then you turn east near Castelvetrano and head toward Agrigento, but you hit Sciacca before that. Mapquest says it is about one and 1/2 hours and 70 miles. Be sure to visit Agrigento while you are there. The Greek temples are wonderful

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize I had posted on this board. I just got into reading so many comments I got lost. I have posted angain on the Boot. Thank you agian for your help.