Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Switzerland?

Need help/recommendations for places to stay in Switzerland. We want to stay on a budget but wont sacrifice cleanliness and safety. Any places you would recommend in Interlaaken, Bern, Luzanne, or elsewhere. B and B's would be nice. Prefer close to rails since we will be using our Eurail passes. I know it is more expensive here than most countries in Europe. We expect to be there around early July 2013 and will only stay for 2 to 3 days overnite.

Posted by
8423 posts

Irene, I had good luck just booking rooms through the local tourist offices in Switzerland on arrival in each place I stayed. They have good recommendations based on your needs. My favorite was Pension St Josef in Zurich - a convent close to rail station. Did not find Bern scenic or interesting. If I only had two days in Switzerland I would choose Interlaken. Easy to get to and has it all - scenery, restaurants, accommodations and things to do.

Posted by
295 posts

You might get more responses if you placed this into a different helpline category. Switzerland isn't in eastern Europe.