Please sign in to post.

Switzerland

Hi Rick, I'm going to be in Switzerland with my wife from June 25-30. We are in our mid-50s. I'm going to rent a car while there, and I'd like to know what itinerary you would recommend for that type of travel or if it would be better to travel by train? Also during those dates what kinds of clothes should I pack for the weather there? Thank you

Posted by
501 posts

Nestor, you will receive a lot more advise if you post this for "West", you've posted for "Eastern" Europe. Although a car may be used, the Swiss rail system is very efficient. Considering you are going in June, hopefully you've made hotel arrangements. Unless you go up to heights such as Jungfrau, you may only need a light sweater. We haven't traveled there in June, might run into some rain, let others advise you. Getting your hands on one of Rick Steves guidebooks would be helpful!

Posted by
501 posts

Nestor, Rick Steves does not receive these questions, nor does he answer any. This is just a helpline blog that is answered by volunteers. You may however call his main office and receive guidance for a fee. Normally you'll want to purchase guidebooks for the area you intend to go to, they don't have to be Rick Steves guidebooks. ( Lonely Planet, Fudors?) tripadvisor.com is another good source of info. Have you considered a Rick Steves tour?

Posted by
5 posts

Ok, I'll post this in the correct section, thanks for the advice and recommendations.

Posted by
501 posts

Nestor, on the Travelers helpline is a category called trip reports, there is a recent posting, you might want to read it and go back in time and see if there are any other trip reports on Switz.

Posted by
5 posts

Jim, I really appreciate your advice to review the trip report post, and now I have a better idea how to planning my trip to switzerland.
Thanks again