Please sign in to post.

Zurich to Lauterbrunnen

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a trip with 2-3 other adults, coming from the USA. We'll start off in Paris then fly to Rome and then fly to Zurich. Is it doable to get to Lauterbrunnen the same day we arrive in Zurich? I'm thinking of catching an early flight from Rome as much as possible to give us some cushion in case there's unexpected delays and the like. Or is it better to book a night in Zurich then catch the train to Lauterbrunnen the next day? Any air carriers that you would recommend or to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
2320 posts

It’s less than 3 hours by train, so very doable. Download the SBB app for train info. You’ll be using it a lot.

Posted by
1655 posts

You can also take the train from Rome to Lauterbrunnen. Time wise probably the same.

See www.sbb.ch

If you do fly then trains run from Zurich Airport to Lauterbrunnen every half hour, till quite late. See again the SBB website above.

Better would be to do Paris - Lauterbrunnen - Rome though.

Posted by
6396 posts

I agree that you should consider the train from Rome to Lauterbrunnen. Probably about the same total travel time and no need to deal with security checks and other airport faff.

Posted by
48 posts

"Better would be to do Paris - Lauterbrunnen - Rome though."

Yes, that does make more sense. However, due to the time I'm permitted off and because I'm wanting to be in Rome for a specific time frame, I ordered the destinations that way.