Please sign in to post.

zurich to florence

Hello Friends.
I am supposed to go to Florence Italy on March 1st. The flight is via Zurich. Does anyone know if Switzerland has canceled flying to Italy? Thanks for your time. I really want to go. I am more concerned about getting back into the States, then getting there.

Posted by
15807 posts

rockawayrox, you already have your tickets, right? Then its best to check with your airline directly.
That said, if there is a known issue with your current flight plan, I'm sure you would have been contacted.

Posted by
149 posts

Thanks Kathy,
I will do that now. Day by day, a very fluid situation. Thanks so much for your rpely

Posted by
5697 posts

When the strikes in France (December 2019) threatened to affect the airports, United waived change fees for people wanting to go to other destinations. Maybe the airlines will do something similar. We switched out of Paris and kept the rest of our trip intact.

Posted by
149 posts

Very wise.
I will probably go another time. Who wants stress in Florence. I want a free mind and heart to enjoy beauty. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Posted by
8889 posts

As of what Swiss newspaper sites were saying a few minutes ago, no flights to Italy have been cancelled.
The outbreak is south of Milan, affecting northern Italy, Rome is outside the area.
So far, nothing is affected anywhere. All cross-border trains are running normally. Some politicians have called for health checks on the border, this would be impractical without a large number of officials, given the 70,000 daily commuters who cross the border from Italy to work in Switzerland and the many (currently) unmanned border crossings,

As the others say, this is a rapidly changing situation and if you already have tickets, your airline will inform you.