Please sign in to post.

Zurich.

I am going to be spending 3 days in Zurich at the end of August. Would love to get some ideas on much sees in Zurich and nice day trips close to Zurich. Thanks in advance!!

Posted by
2023 posts

We took a day trip to Stein am Rhein which is located on the Rhine about 1 1/2 hours from Zurich. I think we got on the train at the airport. The town is very small and super charming. The museum in the center of the town is a very old farmhouse fully furnished and is a must see. The town feels more German than Swiss.

Posted by
7209 posts

Instead of spending 3 days in Zurich is it possible for you to spend 3 days in Lucerne? Much nicer place to visit than Zurich and only about 50 minutes away via train.

Posted by
1802 posts

I haven't spent any time in Zurich but Luzern is very nice and as tim noted it's a quick train ride.

Posted by
4385 posts

Rick has a whole chapter on Zurich (hint, hint). Even if you don't buy the book (hint, hint) it should be available here on the site. After you see his take on Zurich, you'll definitely want to do day trips like Lucerne, Berne, etc.

If you're adventurous enough, you can even go up the Schilthorn and back in a day (granted it's a long day). All the train schedules coordinate very nicely, dare I say like a Swiss watch?