Please sign in to post.

Yet Another Swiss Pass Question

We will be traveling by car, so won’t need a pass for our major transportation (via Germany), but of course, will need passes for all other transportation, etc. needs. Passes would be for my husband & I mid-60’s, moderate hikers & sightseeing.. We will be in several areas of Switzerland, Appenzell area(2), Lucerne(3), Zermatt(3), Lauterbrunnen(5), Bern(2). Was thinking Half Pass would be the best, but after reading so many posts, wondering if I should be doing some other regional type of pass/passes?
Thoughts?? Thank you, Lori

Posted by
865 posts

Considering the areas you are covering, Half Fare seems best. Depending on how much transport (and which) you plan on using in Lauterbrunnen you could consider the BO Pass while there. However, do your research first for that.

Posted by
20103 posts

Add up the full fare costs of all your proposed trips and if the total cost is more than 240 CFH per person, the the Half Fare Card saves money. If not, then it will cost you more money.

Don't forget to buy a vignette for your car entering Switzerland.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks for the help… I’ll give it a shot on the math for our planned activities. Also, thanks for the reminder about the Vignette, I have it in my ‘car rental’ notes! Also, possibly need a ‘Blue Clock’ card??
Best, Lori