Please sign in to post.

Which Swiss pass?

We will be traveling in Switzerland from Basel ➡️ Bern ➡️ Interlakken ➡️ Murren (up and down and all around that area for 4 days) ➡️ Lucerne ➡️ Zurich

Not completely sure which pass to purchase????

Posted by
88 posts

Our trip is slightly different and would appreciate advice: Geneva ➡️ Zermatt ➡️ Interlakken ➡️ Luzern.
Our tour covers the cost of trains between cities, plus hotels, but all excursions are up to us to book/pay for. I am thinking the Swiss Travel Pass is best and we can decide how many days for the pass once we arrive in Switzerland and have an up-to-date weather forecast. Does this make sense?

Posted by
45 posts

I'll just throw in my recent experience as part of the conversation. I had bought the swiss travel pass when it was on sale and that is what I used. My daughter missed the sale and purchased the half-fare card and B. O. Pass to use for her and her husband.

The Swiss travel pass was far more convenient to use in that you just scan it at all of the locations and you go. For the B. O. pass to work, the agents or workers had to manually let you enter, there was not a barcode or QR code to scan.

While we didn't crunch the numbers afterward to see which was better from a money perspective, I appreciated the Swiss travel pass convenience. I only had to buy a few tickets for the areas above Wengen or Murren and had coverage at other areas such as the Glacier Garden in Luzern, the castle in Spiez, etc. that the B. O. Pass didn't cover.

Our trip was Zurich, Luzern, Lauterbrunnen with several day trips, Bern and then back to Zurich for flight home.